Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
These frozen treats are perfect for a hot summer day and best of all, they are healthy too! They only require a few ingredients & are a bit hit with kids too.
3 bananas, ripe but still firm
1/4 cup peanut butter or your favorite nut butter
10 oz dark chocolate chopped
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1. Cut banana into slices (about 1/4 inch). Set aside half of the slices and arrange the other half on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Heat peanut butter in the microwave on low/medium for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring in between, until it's smooth and easily spreadable.
3. Spoon about one heaped 1/4 teaspoon on the banana slices you arranged on baking sheet. Top with the other half of the banana slices you set aside earlier. Freeze for two hours.
4. Placed chopped chocolate (or chocolate chips) in microwave safe bowl along with the coconut oil. Microwave on low/medium heat for 30 seconds, stirring in between, until chocolate is fully melted.
5. Dip frozen banana bites in melted chocolate and place on another parchment lined baking sheet. This can get messy-using two forks can help! Work with 2-3 bites at a time so they do not melt.
6. Place chocolate covered bites back in the freezer until set. Enjoy!
Fast Five with...Ashley!
It's a little awkward interviewing yourself, so I got some help with the questions from around the clinic! See you at the front desk!
1. Favorite food: Pizza & red wine
2. Something people may not know about me is: When I am not working at the clinic, I am in graduate school. I will be a certified clinical nutritionist (hopefully) in about two years!
3. Favorite Movie: Pretty Woman
4. Favorite Season: tie for Fall & Winter.
5. What I most enjoy about working here: All the interesting people I get to chat with everyday!
Exercise of the Week: Knee Extension
Knee extensions can help relieve knee pain and improve range of motion, especially after surgery or injury. Try this knee extension stretch this week!
Dr. Tony Tanzi: Physical Therapist, Triathlete, Runner, Performance Coach