Empire Update: WK of 11/23
Pecan Pie Brownies
We love eating health over here-but the holidays are a great time for a special treat! These pecan pie brownies are a new spin on a Thanksgiving classic-they're also easy to pack up & send home with your guests (or save for yourself!).
1 box brownie mix
Pecan Pie Filling:
1 cup sugar
1.5 cups light corn syrup
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups pecans, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven according to brownie package instructions.
2. Whisk together the sugar, corn syrup, eggs, butter and vanilla in a small saucepan. Place on the stove top over medium high heat and begin to cook, stirring continuously.
3. Mix brownies according to package instructions.
4. Pour brownie batter into a greased 13 x 9 inch pan and place in oven to bake for 20 minutes.
5. As the brownies bake, the filling in the saucepan should thicken enough to cover your spoon (about 15 minutes). Stir the pecans into the mixture and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the mixture reaches the consistency of runny oatmeal. You want it to be loose enough to pour over the brownies but not liquid.
6. When the brownies have finished pre-baking, remove them from the oven and pour the pecan pie filling over them, spreading it out to cover the brownies completely.
7. Place back in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until filling only juggles slightly in the middle when you move the pan.
8. Let cool to room temperature before cutting. Enjoy!
End of Year Insurance Reminders!
Just some friendly reminders:
1. Be sure to use up any of your flexible spending account (FSA) before the end of the year!
2.Your deductible will reset for most insurances at the start of the 2021 calendar year. If you have already met your deductible, now is the time to come in to treat any aches & pains before they get worse!
3. Physical therapy benefits will also reset for most insurance plans at the start of the 2021 calendar year. If you exhausted your benefits for this year, start thinking about setting up a January appointment.
As always-make sure to check with your insurance provider to confirm benefits as all plans are different.
Exercise of the week: Cat/Camel
Leave a Reply.
Dr. Tony Tanzi: Physical Therapist, Triathlete, Runner, Performance Coach