Soft Gingerbread Cookies
Tis' the season for gingerbread! These cookies are perfect for this time of year.
Also, did you know that the main flavors in gingerbread-cinnamon, cloves & ginger-are all anti-inflammatory?
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ginger
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1. In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and ginger together. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, cream together the shortening, 1 cup sugar, egg and molasses. Beat with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix together until well combined.
4. Use a cookie scoop to scoop out tablespoon sized ball and roll them into shape with your hands.
5. Place the extra 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl and dip each cookie ball into the sugar, coating on all sides.
6. Place cookie dough bals on a cookie sheet and lightly flatten with the palm on your hand.
7. Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
End of Year Insurance Reminders!
Just some friendly reminders:
1. Be sure to use up any of your flexible spending account (FSA) before the end of the year!
2.Your deductible will reset for most insurances at the start of the 2021 calendar year. If you have already met your deductible, now is the time to come in to treat any aches & pains before they get worse!
3. Physical therapy benefits will also reset for most insurance plans at the start of the 2021 calendar year. If you exhausted your benefits for this year, start thinking about setting up a January appointment.
As always-make sure to check with your insurance provider to confirm benefits as all plans are different.
Stretch of the Week: Wrist Stretch
Dr. Tony Tanzi: Physical Therapist, Triathlete, Runner, Performance Coach