What if I told you that I had a recipe for a creamy, chocolaty, protein- rich treat that would satisfy your sweet tooth while bringing you closer to your fitness goals?
While it sounds too good to be true, this recipe delivers in flavor and nutrition!
This is a protein packed dessert that the whole family will love. It’s important to enjoy desserts that are low in carbohydrates and sugar, and high in protein in order to shed body fat and develop healthy muscles. This recipe delivers on all fronts, without sacrificing flavor.
Here’s what you need...
• 6 oz Greek Yogurt, plain, fat free
• 1 scoop high quality chocolate protein powder
• Sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa powder
Two Easy steps:
1. In a small bowl use a whisk to combine the yogurt and protein powder. Mix until all lumps have disappeared.
2. Garnish with a sprinkle of unsweetened cocoa powder.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 220 calories, 0g fat, 445mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, and 42g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. It could be a great treat to bring to a holiday party!
Dr. Tony Tanzi: Physical Therapist, Triathlete, Runner, Performance Coach