The Empire Update: Week of 10/19
Crispy Sheet Pan Gnocchi & Veggies
Do you have 30 minutes? Than you have plenty of time to throw together this easy, delicious weeknight dinner that is filling thanks to the gnocchi and healthy thanks to all the vegetables! You can use fresh or frozen gnocchi for this recipe and whatever vegetables you like to roast in the oven.
1 pounds fresh or frozen gnocchi
1 (12-ounce) bag mixed bell peppers, cut into 1 inch chunks
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
1 small red onion, cut into 1 inch chunks
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1 teaspoon coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
Grated parmesan cheese, for serving
1. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 450 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the gnocchi and all the veggies in a large bowl and toss with olive oil. Spread on baking sheet.
3. Roast 18-20 minutes, stirring halfway through, until gnocchi are plump and veggies are tender.
4. Spoon into bowls, garnish with basil and grated cheese. Enjoy!
Fast 5: Book Recommendations!
As the weather gets cooler and we spend more time indoors, it's a great time to pull out a good book! We asked around to see what everyone is reading lately.
These are some good gift ideas too as we head towards the holidays ;-)
1. If you're a history buff like our PT Liz, try Cleopatra, by Stacey Schiff
"It's an entertaining look into her life!"
2. If you are trying to de-stress like our front desk Ashley, try Full Catastrophe Living, by Jon Kabat-Zinn.
"It's about how to apply mindfulness and meditation to your everyday life-super interesting"
3. If you enjoy a good murder mystery like our patient Maureen, try the Donovan Creed series by John Locke.
"It's funny and keeps you on the edge of your seat!"
4. If you're looking for productivity hacks like Tony, try Living with the Monks by Jesse Itzler.
"It's shows how to better manage your time by turning off your phone"
5. If you're trying to push past your limitations, try Endure by Alex Hutchinson.
"If you want to gain insight into the mind of great athletes, adventurers, and peak performers than prepare to be enthralled"-Bear Grylls
Stretch of the Week: Chin Tuck w/Lift Off
Leave a Reply.
Dr. Tony Tanzi: Physical Therapist, Triathlete, Runner, Performance Coach