The Empire Update: WK of 11/16
Sweet Potatoes with Parsley Pesto
Sweet potatoes: a Thanksgiving classic. This recipe gives them a new, tasty twist with homemade parsley pesto. And (you guessed it)...it's healthy!
4 pounds sweet potatoes, thinly sliced.
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons butter, melted
3 gloves garlic, minced
salt & pepper, to taste
2 cups packed italian parsley
1/4 cup walnuts
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
For Sweet Potatoes:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine olive oil, melted butter, garlic, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
3. Pour 2 tablespoons of the mixture in the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish.
4. Arrange sweet potato slices in the dish and brush potatoes with remaining olive oil mixture.
5.Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
6. Remove foil and increase to 450 degrees.
7. Roast potatoes for an additional 15 minutes, or until potatoes are slightly browned.
For Parsley Pesto:
1. Combine parsley, walnuts, parmesan cheese, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a food processor.
2. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
3. Brush tops of prepared sweet potatoes or serve on side. Enjoy!
Fast Five: Staff Thanksgiving Picks
We asked staff & patients what they are most looking forward to on the Thanksgiving table next week. Email us YOUR favorite Thanksgiving dish and we will feature the recipe in next weeks newsletter!
Liz, PT: Sausage Stuffing
Kyle, PT: Cream of Spinach
Ashley, Front Desk: Turkey with LOTS of gravy
Josh, PT: Sweet potato casserole with brown sugar & cinnamon
Hannah Kubacki, Patient: Pie (any kind but pumpkin!)
Marco & Remo Capolino, Patients: Pumpkin pie & stuffing
Exercise of the Week: Superman
Leave a Reply.
Dr. Tony Tanzi: Physical Therapist, Triathlete, Runner, Performance Coach