This simple, grilled Caprese Chicken is healthy,low on carbohydrates and high on protein & flavor. What's not to like?
4, 5-7oz chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
2 tsp italian seasoning
2 tsp sea or kosher salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp cracked black pepper
1 tbsp olive oil
8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced into even 8 pieces
2 vine ripened tomatoes, sliced into 1/2" slices
fresh basil, to taste
aged balsamic or balsamic glaze, to taste
1. Prepare the chicken. Place one chicken breast onto a sheet of parchment paper. Fold the paper over the chicken. Using a rolling pin, pound the chicken breast to even thickness of a little less than 1". Set aside and repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
2. Combine the italian seasoning, sea salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
3. Brush the chicken with olive oil, then sprinkle with the seasoning blend. Flip the chicken over, then oil and season the other side.
4. Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat. Place the chicken breasts onto the grill and cook 5-6 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reads 155 degrees.
5. Top each chicken breast with 2 slices fresh mozzarella. Continue grilling 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the internal temperature reads 165 degrees.
6. Place the chicken breasts onto a platter or individual plates. Top each chicken breast with 2-3 slices of fresh tomatoes, then sprinkle with fresh basil and additional salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving, drizzle with aged balsamic vinegar or balsamic reduction. Enjoy!
Get Everything You Want in 2021
Here’s to a Happy New Year and to getting everything that you want out of 2021!
Today you have a clean slate with a brand new year spread out in front of you, filled with endless possibilities.
How will you harness your potential to create the very best you? I recommend using the teachings of Dr. Maxwell Maltz in his legendary book ‘The New Psycho-Cybernetics’.
Dr. Maltz created the original science of self improvement and success, so who better to turn to when you’re ready to take your life to another level. His teachings have stood the test of time.
Take the following and get all that you want out of 2021:
1. Use Your Imagination
If you thought that imaginations were only valued in preschool, think again. One of the key points in ‘The New Psycho-Cybernetics’ is the technique of using your imagination to reprogram and manage your self image.
You may have been exposed to self improvement strategies that tell you to ‘act as if’ or to ‘fake it till you make it.’ Those typically don’t work because your self image is still the same.
According to Dr. Maltz, your self image is the key to changing your actions and habits. If you want to lose 50 pounds, you first have to think of yourself as someone 50 pounds lighter.
Spend time in your imagination. See yourself 50 pounds lighter. Experience a day in your life at this slimmed down size. Imagine everything down to the smallest detail.
According to Dr. Maltz, this imagination time will begin to change your self image to that of a person 50 pounds lighter, and your actions and habits will fall into place.
2. Reject Negative Thoughts
Negative thoughts will undoubtedly arise as you use your imagination to see your ideal self. “I’m not really going to lose 50 pounds.” “I’ve tried losing weight before and it never works. I’m always going to be overweight.” “This imagination stuff is bogus. It won’t work for me.”
Dr. Maltz says that the instant you receive a negative thought simply dismiss it. Don’t spend any time on it at all.
The quicker that you dismiss negative thoughts, the less impact they will have on your self image. Also you’ll find that fewer and fewer negative thoughts arise once you get into the habit of dismissal.
3. Be Nostalgic For The Future
It’s so easy to be nostalgic for the past, especially when you only remember the good stuff. But what good does it do for you to wish for things that are long gone?
Dr. Maltz recommends developing nostalgia for the future.
In your imagination you’ve already lost the 50 pounds, so start pining for the future! Your self image will lock onto that picture and your nostalgic feelings will fuel the fire.
4. I’m The Kind Of Person That…
What kind of person are you?
What kind of a person do you want to be in 2021?
Exercise of the Week: Core Stability
Dr. Tony Tanzi: Physical Therapist, Triathlete, Runner, Performance Coach