Hearty Crockpot Zuppa Toscana Soup
It's officially soup season! This version of zuppa toscana is hearty and filling, and also cooks easily in the crockpot.
6 slices bacon cut into 1/2" pieces
1 pound chicken sausage
1 medium white or yellow diced onion
2 tablespoons garlic minced (about 4 cloves)
4 medium yellow potatoes, diced into bite=sized pieces
4 cups chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons italian seasoning
1/2 bunch kale, chopped (about 4 cups)
2 cans full-fat coconut milk
salt + pepper to taste
1. Cook bacon in large skillet and remove when crisp. Reserve grease.
2. Put skillet back over medium heat and 1 tbsp of bacon grease. Cook the chicken sausage until browned on both sides (5-7 minutes).
3. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
4. Place potatoes in the Crockpot. Add onion-garlic mixture and sausage.
5. Pour chicken broth over and stir in crushed red pepper, salt and italian seasoning.
6. Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours, until potatoes are fork tender.
7. Stir in coconut cream into the soup. Stir in kale and cook until wilted, about 15 minutes on high.
8. Stir in bacon + season with pepper. Serve + enjoy!
2021 is almost here: time to restart PT!
Are you in pain or still recovering from an injury, but have already used up your allotted PT insurance benefits for 2020?
You're in luck!
MOST major insurances (GHI, Medicare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, to name a few) will automatically reset on January 1st of 2021, meaning your physical therapy will be covered again & we can get you back on track to pain-free living. I'd be happy to verify the insurance benefits for your particular plan if you are unsure when they reset!
We are already starting to book up for January, so call us to set up your appointment today!
Stretch of the Week:
Dr. Tony Tanzi: Physical Therapist, Triathlete, Runner, Performance Coach