Stuffed Mini Mushrooms
Staying in for New Years Eve doesn't mean you can't make a special dinner to celebrate. A favorite appetizer is stuffed mushrooms; you get your vegetables in, but the cream cheese makes it a little indulgent too!
16 ounces fresh mushrooms (about 24)
2 tablespoons butter
8 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
2 teaspoons fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel to clean. Remove the stems and set them aside. Arrange the mushrooms on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Finely chop the mushroom stems.
4. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook the stems in the butter for 5 minutes.
5. Add the cream cheese, half of the parmesan cheese, the pepper, the garlic powder, the onion powder and the optional parsley to the pan and stir until well combined and the cream cheese is completely melted.
5. Spoon the filling into a baggie. Snip off one corner of the baggie to make a piping bag. Pipe the filling into each mushroom cap and top with more parmesan cheese, if desired.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
2021 is almost here: time to restart PT!
Are you in pain or still recovering from an injury, but have already used up your allotted PT insurance benefits for 2020?
You're in luck!
MOST major insurances (GHI, Medicare, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna, to name a few) will automatically reset on January 1st of 2021, meaning your physical therapy will be covered again & we can get you back on track to pain-free living. I'd be happy to verify the insurance benefits for your particular plan if you are unsure when they reset!
We are already starting to book up for January, so call us to set up your appointment today!
Stretch of the Week: Wrist Extension #2
Dr. Tony Tanzi: Physical Therapist, Triathlete, Runner, Performance Coach